1 Password 7.0.543 not updating data from dropbox local vault

fafa0293
fafa0293
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have 1 Work Mac, 1 iPhone and 1 Home pc, if I modified something in my dropbox local vault in my Work Mac, it updates in my iPhone, but in my Home Pc it doesn't.

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.7.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10 1709
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @fafa0293,

Thanks for writing in.

Did this stop working in today's update or it's the first time you're using 1Password 7 on that PC?

Note that it can take up to 5 seconds after Dropbox finishes syncing before 1Password will merge your data in.

If you make a change on your home PC, does it show up in other 1Password apps? Did Dropbox report anything has changed on your PC?

• essential
    essential
    Community Member

I also seem to have a similar problem. I created a new password in 1PW7 tonight and my old one went to "Previously used passwords" in 1PW7, but the old password is still the main password in 1PW4. I'm also syncing using a DropBox vault. It's been over 10 minutes since the change at this point. The change also doesn't show in the 1PW iOS app to this point. In my iOS app, the particular login shows "Modified Today at 11:XX PM" which is when I made the change, but it still shows the old PW.

• Hi @essential,

Thanks for reporting this. I am not able to reproduce this.

If you mark the item as favorite in 1Password 7 for Windows to push another update, does it appear to correct it in other 1Password apps?

• essential
    essential
    Community Member

Making it a favorite had no effect ... it doesn't even show as a favorite in the other 1PW apps. It seems like the changes I make in 1PW7 aren't reflected in 1PW4 or 1PW iOS, but changes made in 1PW4 or 1PW iOS are reflected in 1PW7.

I'll uninstall and reinstall 1PW7 tomorrow after a fresh restart before I open anything else.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Definitely let us know how it goes!

• @fafa0293 @essential 1Password 7 for Windows converts .agilekeychain vaults into newer .opvault format, but other devices have to be switched to use new vault. May be that is the reason other devices do not see changes - they are probably still targeting old .agilekeychain vaults?

• Hi guys,

@essential, can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report if the reinstall doesn't help. Here's how to generate the report and please email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• essential
    essential
    Community Member

I reinstalled today. I uninstalled, did a reboot, disabled Symantec, and ran the installer as admin (just in case), and although it installed fine this time, no errors, the same issue persists.

Basically 1Password 7 isn’t communication with 1Password 4 or 1Password iOS. Strangely though if I make a change in 1Password 7, the file details in 1Password for iOS will show a correct “modified” time, even though the change itself isn’t reflected.

One other thing, this might have been effected by a BETA update at some point because I have a new login that I created on 4/19/2018 that does show up in all versions of 1Password, but I don’t remember which version of 1PW it was created on. So I guess whatever is happening now wasn’t happening then. Anyway, I sent my reports for 1PW7 and 1PW4 so the email address and referenced this thread. I'm just going to keep using 1PW4 and 1PW iOS to create my information, I'll only use 1PW7 to lookup stuff for the time being. Otherwise I really like 1PW7, and when you guys implement the float/anchor button for the Mini mode, it'll always to open for me.

• @essential i've got your email and replying now, what happens is that 1Password for Windows 7 is using newer .opvault format and your other devices are still looking at the older .agilekeychain folders.

• essential
    essential
    Community Member

Thanks Sergey, yes I read the response. It makes sense, I never knew to update 1PW4 and 1PW for iOS to the new .opvault vault file after installing 1PW7.

I need to figure out the differences, update 1PW4 manually, then i'll follow the rest of you instructions to make sure they are all on the new .opvault format.

So for anyone else with this issue, when you install 1PW7 and point it to your local vault, it convert your old vault file to the new .opvault format, but your old apps (1PW4 and 1PW for iOS) don't automatically know to use the new .opvault, they continue using the older .agilekeychain, and as a result the changes between them don't sync.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@essential: If it helps, you can sort by date modified to quickly find any items you've changed. That will tell you which ones you need to copy over. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.