I have 1Password 6 app. how login to 1Password X on chrome? can only see instrux for ppl w/accounts

Options

I only see instructions for logging into 1Password X if you have a secret key, which you only have if you have a 1Password account. I don't have an account because I have the 1Password 6 app. I've tried entering my license, but that doesn't work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password X chrome

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hello @lara_braithwaite,

Welcome to the forum – we are delighted to have you here! 😁

I apologize for the confusion! 1Password X depends on the 1Password.com service, so it does not work with local vaults. And a 1Password.com membership is also the only way you'd have a Secret Key. However, you can easily try out a 1Password.com membership, which includes access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply sign in to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can use it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Thanks for your interest in 1Password X and please let us know if you have any other questions! 🤘

-Beyer

• techshaman
    techshaman
    Community Member
    Options

Howdy!

Thanks for the explanation. I just realized that the standalone version won't work with 1Password X and I just upgraded to 7 standalone so I could use 1Password X.

So, that said, can I apply the $40 payment I just made to a 1Password.com account and switch to teams?

Thanks!

-Zack

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@techshaman: It doesn't work quite like that, as they're very separate. But I'll shoot you an email here shortly and we'll work something out. :)

ref: AHB-81864-344

This discussion has been closed.