1Password Windows is really buggy these days...

richardevs
richardevs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

So I am having some issue with the current stable version of 1Password 6 such as clicking "Save" does not exit edit mode or Offline changes not being made to online servers, so I upgrade to the newest Beta to try solve it all, and this happens... After I entered the Master Password, it does not show anything, context begins to load after like minutes, and my 1Password helper is not working...

1Password Version: 7.0.543.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hi @richardevs,

Thanks for reporting that.

That looks like 1Password 6, not 1Password 7 showing up. Can you check to make sure 1Password 6 is fully uninstalled? 1Password 7 does remove files for 1Password 6 but only if it was originally installed in the standard way.

Try to uninstall all instances of 1Password via Apps & Settings in Start menu and then install 1Password 7 beta 7 from here. Your 1Password data will not be touched during the uninstallation process.

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

@MikeT I got the 7 working!

So the upgrade is somehow bugged out, because I once upgrade to 7, and I never saw the new UI like I'm seeing right now...

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@MikeT Got a minor issue, it says my credit card info are weak passwords, which I suppose that means my Verification number, which is pretty funny :)

• Hi @richardevs,

That's great to hear! What about the other issues you mentioned about in 1Password 6.8 stable, are they better now?

Got a minor issue, it says my credit card info are weak passwords, which I suppose that means my Verification number, which is pretty funny :)

That's a known bug, we're looking at the concealed field and the verification number is a concealed field. We'll move the credit cards out of there in a future beta update.

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@MikeT Yes, 1Password 7 works like a charm, looking forward to the stable release.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Thanks for participating in the beta. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.