Clicking link from browser extension does not open up new tab

ekontrecekontrec
edited April 2018 in Windows Beta

On my mac with v6 I'm able to click an entry and it will open in a new Chrome tab the website URL associated with the 1password entry. If I do this on the Win v7 beta, it 'sometimes' opens up the URL on the existing current tab - or doesn't do anything at all. I would like it to replicate OSX behaviour and open a new tab up.

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Win 10 Enterprise x64
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited April 2018

Hi @ekontrec,

Thanks for reporting this.

That's a known limitation of 1Password 6/7 for Windows right now, we don't have settings to let you open in a new tab or new window. It's coming in a future update.

Right now, it's always set to current tab and the problem with this is that if you try to open a second Login item that's for the current tab, it won't do anything because the page you're on is not a login form.

ref: OPW-867

• Thanks @MikeT. I think this would be a good opportunity to improve workflow if you guys can get it working. Cheers.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited April 2018

You're welcome and yes, there are a lot of improvements coming to 1Password 7. 1Password mini is one area that's going to be improved a lot in time, we haven't touch it yet during 1Password 7 development but we'll get to it soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file