Clicking link from browser extension does not open up new tab

ekontrec
ekontrec
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

On my mac with v6 I'm able to click an entry and it will open in a new Chrome tab the website URL associated with the 1password entry. If I do this on the Win v7 beta, it 'sometimes' opens up the URL on the existing current tab - or doesn't do anything at all. I would like it to replicate OSX behaviour and open a new tab up.

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Win 10 Enterprise x64
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @ekontrec,

Thanks for reporting this.

That's a known limitation of 1Password 6/7 for Windows right now, we don't have settings to let you open in a new tab or new window. It's coming in a future update.

Right now, it's always set to current tab and the problem with this is that if you try to open a second Login item that's for the current tab, it won't do anything because the page you're on is not a login form.

ref: OPW-867

• ekontrec
    ekontrec
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT. I think this would be a good opportunity to improve workflow if you guys can get it working. Cheers.

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

You're welcome and yes, there are a lot of improvements coming to 1Password 7. 1Password mini is one area that's going to be improved a lot in time, we haven't touch it yet during 1Password 7 development but we'll get to it soon.

This discussion has been closed.