1Password extension causes Plex to error with "Your changes could not be saved"

When editing metadata for an item in a Plex library, and pressing Save:

• If the 1Password extension is active, Plex responds with "Your changes could not be saved"
  • If the 1Password extension is inactive (disabled), Plex saves the data as usual.

This is 100% reproducible and repeatable.
This is true for both Chrome and Safari (current versions as of date of posting).

Is there a workaround? If not, is there a way of telling 1Password to disable itself for certain URLs?
Thanks
SP

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password for Families Account
Referrer: forum-search:plex

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @spride,

Can you let me know what version of Plex you're using and the precise steps that should reproduce the issue please. The reason for asking is I also use Plex and I've never experienced this. I just altered the collection for a couple of entries and everything saved without any error. If we can reproduce then we stand a reasonable chance at being able to correct whatever is happening.

• spride
    spride
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables , sorry for the delay.

Server:
    Plex: Version 1.12.3.4973

Client: Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) OR Safari 11.1 on Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.4

To demonstrate:

1. Ensure the 1Password extension is active
    2. Connect to Plex and edit a Library item
    3. Edit the metadata and press Save
    4. You receive the message "your changes could not be saved"
    5. Disable/inactivate the 1Password extension
    6. Reload the Plex page, so that the browser now holds a version of the page that does not have the extension in its environment
    7. Return to Plex and edit a Library item
    8. Edit the metadata and press Save
    9. The changes are saved

I got a clue as to what might be the issue on a Plex forum, and in that specific case the user was also using a password manager - LastPass. I hypothesized that this might be a similar issue and so far my tests bear out the hypothesis.

Where is your Plex library hosted? Are you on a NAS? Maybe the specific build of Apache is involved?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spride,

The 1Password extension never adds anything to the URL so whatever is happening isn't related to the issue reported hamiltont in Plex's support forums. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce despite the fact that I'm running the same version of Plex. The only difference is mine runs on a Synology NAS. I edit an item and can modify/add/remove details. For example I altered the Collections field before clicking the save changes button and it records the changes without issue. While I don't find myself altering the library on a regular basis I've never had any issues running the extension and interacting with Plex in the past. I'm at a loss to explain the difference we're seeing at the moment.

• spride
    spride
    Community Member

Thanks, @littlebobbytables ,

I'll carry on observing. As we say in my world (ITIL), this Known Error has a Workaround, so it's not causing an actual incident right now :-)

• On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome! I'm glad the behavior you're seeing isn't too bothersome at the moment. Definitely let us know if your observations uncover anything new.

This discussion has been closed.