Language not selectable

Hello guys,

I was wondering today, when I was setting up 1Password for my father, how does it work with the translations? I'm aware (and contributing) to the Crowdin projects where you also have a version for Windows, but for whatever reason there is no language selection in the app. That was quite problematic to then persuade my father to use 1Password when it is in a language, that he does not know (just basics), since his previous PM was in Czech (LastPass).

Also I noticed (never checked that upfront), that I cannot even change the language in Mac version (check in current beta). The only place I know the language could be set is iOS.

Are you going to support language change? Why is not 1Password for windows available in Czech when all the projects in Crowdin has 100% Czech translation?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @ondrejfuhrer,

Thank you for using 1Password with your family! I am really sorry for this inconvenience. I can totally understand that localisation is very important, when it comes to using 1Password Families.

The thing is that our public project on Crowdin is for our old 1Password 4 app. We have another closed project for the localisations that are available in the current beta of 1Password 7 for Windows:

Introducing 1Password 7 Beta for Windows

At the moment 1Password 7 for Windows has been localized into 9 languages, including Français, Deutsch, Italiano, 日本語, 한국어, Português, Pyсский, and Español. Moreover, there is a known issue with 1Password accounts when certain categories and names in 1Password remain in English, even when the app itself is available in another language.

We have plans to improve this in the future. We also want to make our new project public, so we could start supporting more languages and community-based suggestions. Localisation in our new 1Password apps is still work in progress and it takes time. I hope for your understanding.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this situation, I will be happy to help. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.