Delete vault option greyed out.

Options
grnblu
grnblu
Community Member

Somehow I have two vaults. I wish to delete one. The "delete vault" option is greyed out (there is a discussion Jan 5 with similar title but does not in any way address the delete vault greyed out problem of its title).

Under "1Password 6" menu, the "delete vault" option is greyed out. How do I delete the extra vault? The extra vault is not labelled "Primary". The vault I wish to use is "Primary".

With thanks for your help,

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Delete vault greyed

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grnblu: You cannot remove the Primary vault if any secondary local vaults exist. How many vaults do you have?

• Rocky
    Rocky
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue and I have 2 vaults on my wife's iphone that somehow got there. I only want to use the common dropbox sync but can not delete the local sync

• Rocky
    Rocky
    Community Member
    Options

this image is my wife's iPhone showing 2 accts, but I can not delete the primary only the other

](https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/uj/ts5o1ixt84bl.png "")
    delete the the on that is somehow shown up as primary.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi @Rocky!

As brenty wrote, you cannot remove the Primary vault if any secondary local vaults exist. In your case, the data should actually be inside the Primary vault, set to sync via Dropbox.

How did you originally share this vault with your wife?

• Rocky
    Rocky
    Community Member
    Options

How did I originally share? I don't even recall we have used 1PW for ever. I only found out about it when she said she could not use 1PW on a site I knew we used frequently on her phone. So when I looked at it 1Password links did not show up on her iPhone.
    They showed on on my laptop iPhone and on her computer that all matched. At that time i looked on her iPhone 1PW settings and found 2 accts. I thought about deleting her app on her iPhone and starting all over so she would import dropbox as the source. Also somewhere when messing around with it on her iPhone I found an area that said you could merge the 2 accounts but chose not to do that because I felt it may double up on a lot of logins. What do I do?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rocky,

I thought about deleting her app on her iPhone and starting all over so she would import dropbox as the source.

This might help, but let's make sure we don't forget about something in the process: on here phone, if she switched to the Primary vault, does she see any items in there, that are not in the Dropbox vault?

If the Primary vault on her phone is completely empty, then reinstalling the app and choosing Dropbox right away should help.

• Rocky
    Rocky
    Community Member
    Options

So I will try to do this as you suggest. How do I tell the type of acct I have? I can't find my Secret Key. It tells me if you have a 1Password membership, or if you belong to a family or team account.go sign in but I can't without a Secret Key Acct # I have.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Rocky ,
    When you first open the 1Password app after downloading it, you see a welcome screen with a "New to 1Password?" title. Scroll down past that part with your finger until you reach the "Already using 1Password?" section, there you can select "Dropbox" without needing a Secret Key. :chuffed:

• Rocky
    Rocky
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if you saw the past blogs. I have decided to delete the 1Password app from my wife's phone and try to sync with the dropbox backup but again it requires me to have that Secret Key. I don't have it or can't find it anywhere.An image of her phone is in prior blogs of what I found on my wife's phone. It showed that she had a "primary On My iPhone" file and DropBox and she does not know how or why it happened. Only reason I even looked at it was she could not find passwords I knew were on her computer, my computer and my iPhone which all sync to dropbox.
    ](https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/uj/ts5o1ixt84bl.png "")

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the confusion @Rocky ,
    What Ana suggested is that you make sure the Primary vault is empty, and then delete the app completely from the iPhone. After deleting the app and re-downloading it, there's a welcome screen with several options - that is the screen I was talking about. If you select the 1Password.com account, it will ask you for a Secret Key - which is a key that is given only to active members with a subscription account. But since you are using Dropbox, you do not need it.

I have attached a screenshot here of the iPhone app's welcome screen and the Dropbox option you should select after downloading the app again. I hope that will help clear things out.

• Rocky
    Rocky
    Community Member
    Options

That is exactly the screen that comes up and you said use "already using 1Password" I did and I must have a Secret Key doing that. I also just tried to go to Dropbox but It said I must have 1Password loaded and functioning first. Can't I get a my acct Keyword someway to resolve this? I know how critical it is but I need to load it on my wife's iPhone.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rocky - sorry for the confusion. In an earlier reply here you said:

I have decided to delete the 1Password app from my wife's phone and try to sync with the dropbox backup but again it requires me to have that Secret Key.

This isn't accurate. In standalone 1Password data (like what you would have if you are syncing via Dropbox), you need only your Master Password. If you have a 1password.com account, you will need both the Master Password and the Secret Key. But if you are looking at the screen Yaron posted, and you choose "Dropbox" from those options, you do NOT need a Secret Key. In fact, you can't use one at all that way, since Dropbox sync has no Secret Key.

I also just tried to go to Dropbox but It said I must have 1Password loaded and functioning first.

I don't understand what this means. Can you clarify the exact steps you took to achieve this result? What does "tried to go to Dropbox" mean? How/where did you try to do this? In the original screenshot you provided ag_ana, you had a Primary on the phone, unsynced, and a secondary vault called "1Password" syncing via Dropbox. Not sure why we've detoured into this conversation about 1Password accounts and Secret Keys, since that setup you sent the screenshot for includes NO 1Password accounts, only two standalone vaults. Can you clarify?

• Rocky
    Rocky
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate all your help. Will try everything again when my wife gets home and let you know if I need anything. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good. :)

This discussion has been closed.