have a new pc and not excepting my old lic number (KEY)

have had my licence key resent to me and it will not work this key number is the same as the one on my lap top which i registered at a different time

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:have a new pc and not excepting my old lic number (KEY)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wjrose: Are you perhaps trying to use a license key for the wrong version? Unfortunately 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information. But the good news is that all you need to do is register the app (1Password Help > Enter License Key) to remove the trial restrictions. In that spirit, I've also resent your license information via email. Just install the correct version from there and use that license key to register it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• JuliaRae
    JuliaRae
    Community Member

Am rebuilding laptop after crash. Tried to reinstall 1password using my original purchase email and license key. On the first set-up screen, I'm being asked to sign in to my 1password account ... I purchased 1password direct from AgileBits, so don't have a secret key. I am not seeing the "1Password Help > Enter License Key" option you refer to above. There is a Help menu on this screen, but options only include: Get Help, Twitter, Facebook, AgileBits newsletter, Generate diagnostics report, and Release notes for 6.8.534. (Get help takes me to a browser window that is of no help - it simply sends me around in the same loop.) Laptop is a Windows 8 Dell. Advice gratefully received!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Am rebuilding laptop after crash. Tried to reinstall 1password using my original purchase email and license key. On the first set-up screen, I'm being asked to sign in to my 1password account ... I purchased 1password direct from AgileBits, so don't have a secret key.

@JuliaRae: Indeed, if you purchased a license for the standalone app, you won't have an account. You'd only have an account if you'd signed up for a a 1Password.com membership. So you'd need to select the option to use your existing data or setup a new standalone vault.

I am not seeing the "1Password Help > Enter License Key" option you refer to above. There is a Help menu on this screen, but options only include: Get Help, Twitter, Facebook, AgileBits newsletter, Generate diagnostics report, and Release notes for 6.8.534. (Get help takes me to a browser window that is of no help - it simply sends me around in the same loop.) Laptop is a Windows 8 Dell. Advice gratefully received!

But it sounds like you didn't install the version of 1Password you purchased, as you'd have a standalone/license option if you did. If you've installed version 6.8.534 on Windows, that definitely what you bought the license for as it does not support them. Did you purchase version 4? If so, you'll need to install and use that version (which is what I referenced above with "Help > Enter License Key"). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• JuliaRae
    JuliaRae
    Community Member

Perfect - many thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Glad to help. We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.