password changes not showing on other devices

Today I was forced to change a password for my university email. I edited the 1pw entry on one of my macs. Now, 2 hours later 2 of my ipads still show the old password.

I have noticed this several times recently but did not have time to ask about it. what is the problem? What is the fix?

Also there isn’t a category for general questions except “lounge”, whatever that is.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password changes not showing on other devices

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @DoctorDan,

The Lounge is for topics that may not be directly related to 1Password. You’re in the right spot. :) What service are you using to sync 1Password on your devices? Are you using a 1Password membership (subscription) or are you using a 3rd party service: Dropbox or iCloud?

If you aren’t sure please check in 1Password for Mac under 1Password > Preferences > Sync (or 1Password > Preferences > Accounts if using a membership).

Please let us know.

Ben

• Are you using a 1Password membership (subscription) - yes

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@DoctorDan: Thanks for confirming! Do you perhaps have a Primary (local) vault on one or more of your devices? This would be completely separate from a 1Password.com account, so that could explain why you're not seeing the same data everywhere. Let me know what you find. :)

• Some of the devices have a vault called “primary” but as far as I know I don’t use it. Can I/should I delete it?

• Is the primary vault what you call a local vault?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Some of the devices have a vault called “primary” but as far as I know I don’t use it. Can I/should I delete it?

@DoctorDan: Yep. If you're using a 1Password.com account and you have all of your data there (you can verify this by signing into the website to view it), you can and should get rid of the Primary vault to avoid confusion like this since that will be completely separate from your account.

Is the primary vault what you call a local vault?

The Primary vault is one local vault. If you have any local vaults, there will be a Primary, as that will be the first. It's not possible to have other local vaults unless there's a Primary.

The last part of the account migration guide goes over removing the Primary vault after signing into your 1Password.com account on each device. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Thanks for that info. I will delete them.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Great. Please let us know how it turns out. :+1:

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file