Question about license renewal

You have me all confused about my 1password license. I have used 1password for a number of years but now you have me on a trial for 1password6. Does that require purchasing a new license?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @fred_wien,

There are a couple of different ways to use 1Password:

• Membership (recommended): 1Password membership is a subscription service. It includes access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your devices. It also includes seamless 1st party sync (simply sign into your 1Password account on each device). You can read more about the benefits here.
    • Licensing (older method; for technically advanced customers): Licensing allows you to purchase the rights to use a single version of 1Password on a single platform (e.x. 1Password v6 for Mac). It does not include any other platforms, versions, or the 1Password membership service. If syncing is desired it must be manually configured via a 3rd party service.

It sounds like you may have purchased a license. If that is the case the license will say what version it is for on it. Please reach out to our sales team at [email protected] to confirm what you currently have and see if perhaps there is a better solution available.

Thanks!

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file