Migrating data from iPhone to 1Password account

pdgambles
pdgambles
Community Member

Hi AgileBits support! I'm attempting to migrate data from iPhone to 1Password account. After adding my info under Settings>1Password Accounts>Add Existing Account, by mistake I selected "I'll move my items later" when prompted "Lets move your items into 1Password account". I needed to move my items now but can't find how to prompt again. Can you help me? Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pdgambles: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! You could move items between vaults manually, but it's probably easier to simply save your Emergency Kit, sign out of your account in the app (Settings > Accounts), and then sign back in to get the prompt. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• pdgambles
    pdgambles
    Community Member

Hi @brenty....thanks for your prompt response! I'd rather avoid the manual move if possible. I did attempt the steps you mention above before posting this thread. Trouble is, sign out and back in doesn't prompt the option again to move items to 1Password. Account info just adds back in settings and I'm right where I left off. Any other ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pdgambles: You're welcome! But Im sorry I led you astray there. I had two ideas in mind when I was replying and unfortunately I got the wires crossed in the process. That's correct: since you told 1Password you didn't want it to migrate your data, it will respect that and not offer to move it again. What I had wanted to suggest was resetting the app...but unfortunately that's not a good option since you have data in it that you need. Do you perhaps have another device where you've been using 1Password that you could do the migration? If not, moving the items will be the only remaining option. Let me know.

This discussion has been closed.