Questions on installing the 1Password 7 beta for Windows

dsedivec
dsedivec
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I currently have 1Password 6 installed on my Windows PC. Do I need to uninstall 1Password 6 and the related extensions before installing the Windows beta for 1Password 7?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dsedivec
    dsedivec
    Community Member

Never mind. 1Password 7 beta will install over 1Password 6. No need to uninstall 1Password 6. The current extension for 1Password 6 also works with 1Password 7. No worries.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dsedivec: I'd definitely recommend uninstalling 1Password 6 to avoid any weird conflicts, but glad to hear that 1Password 7 is working well for you. We're here if you have any questions! :)

• dsedivec
    dsedivec
    Community Member

Many thanks for the info. Just for safety sake, I uninstalled 1Password 7, reinstalled 1Password 6, uninstalled 1Password 6, and then finally installed 1Password 7 again. Still seems to be working great (version 7.0.543). I have not noticed any bugs, either functional or cosmetic. I recently retired from programming after 30 years in IT, and I can usually spot flaws in software.

I started using 1Password with the 4 version for Windows, and really love your product and support.

• Hi @dsedivec,

Thanks for the details and for helping us test 1Password 7, it's really nice to hear it is nearly flawless for you.

This discussion has been closed.