Feature request: setting to remove browser context menu entry

Options
TristanBerger
TristanBerger
Community Member

Please add a setting to enable/disable the context menu entry that your browser extensions add.

I use the context menu for context-dependent actions, without a GUI elsewhere, that are used infrequently and don't warrant a keyboard shortcut. 1Password's entry meets none of those criteria, and I have never used it. When I do use the context menu, the time it takes me is a function of the number of entries and amount of visual noise, so removing things I will never have a need for makes every use of the menu faster, more reliable, and more likely to fit in the available screen space without displacement.

Moreover, this does not scale. I think you'll agree with me that it's not unreasonable for a person to use 20 browser extensions. If every one of those extensions took 1Password's current approach, then the context menu would suffer significantly.

Googling turns up several feature requests for this, all closed now. Especially since this is usually low-impact, I think it's safe to assume that the real number of people who would appreciate this feature is much higher.

So, please (re-)consider adding this feature.

Thanks for an excellent app. If I didn't love it, I wouldn't be nitpicking.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TristanBerger: I think it's worth noting that using 20 different extensions along with 1Password is a terrible idea since many of those will have permission to access everything you save and fill using 1Password. But that's a bit beside the point. We don't have any plans to offer yet another setting for this purpose, but we'll consider removing it completely. Thanks for your feedback on this, and your passion for 1Password in general! :)

• TristanBerger
    TristanBerger
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty alright, thank you for your time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for the feedback! Given the inconsistencies between browsers' extension APIs and the fact that there are so many other ways to bring up 1Password mini, I think there may be a good case to be made for removing it in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.