Feature Request: Search that Learns

Options
chivalry71
chivalry71
Community Member

I would love it if 1Password learned what when I type a term and select a certain password entry, the next time I type that search term, it's more likely that I'll want that same entry.

This comes up every day for me. I have a client, call him Smith, and I log into one of his systems every day (not in a web browser, so the plugins don't help me in this case). But I have lots of entries for Smith. So the workflow tends to be that I press the key combo for 1Password mini, type "smith", then hit the down arrow a few times to get to the password entry I'm interested in. 9 times out of 10, that's the entry I want when I search for "smith".

I'd love it to work like Alfred on macOS does. When I search for a term in Alfred, perhaps just "m", it might default to Mail.app with Messages.app being the third choice. Press Cmd-3 to choose Messages.app, and the next time I search Alfred with "m", Messages.app will be the first choice.

Thanks,
Chuck

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chivalry71: I'm not sure we have the resources to do that the way Alfred and similar software purpose-built for that functionality can, but it sure would be cool. I think for now we still need to focus on making 1Password the best password manager it can be, but perhaps we'll be able to branch out into other areas more in the future. In the mean time, you can help your (future) self a lot by using tags and keywords in titles and other fields. But thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.