Cannot re-add license to 1P7B9

Options
devibimal
devibimal
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

Own 1P6 standalone license and purchased 1P7B9 for 39.99 thru the app right after installation. I want to remain in standalone mode. However, after removing 1P6, 1P7B9 does not recognize license anymore though it shows in the items leaving me with Readonly items and making me repurchase.

I uninstalled 1P7B9, reinstalled 1P6 and all works well and I can edit items as well as do all I did before. I can see the 1P7B9 license under Software Licenses along with older licensed products.

How do I get the 1P7B9 to recognize the license?

Thank you

Edit - corrected 1PB9 to 1P7B9

1Password Version:_Not Provided
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@devibimal - sorry for the confusion! When you purchased the 1Password 7 for Mac license, you should've received an email with your licensing details, including a blue box with a link to the license key. Unless your purchase of 1Password 6 for Mac was quite recent, you cannot use it for 1Password 7 for Mac, which may be why you're experiencing this issue. Can you locate the confirmation email and, with 1Password 7 for Mac running, click on that blue button, please? This should download your 1Password 7 for Mac license key; double-clicking on the license file should install it into 1Password for you.

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Lars
    I did not think of checking email again.
    Well this is what I encountered yesterday when I purchased 7 license

• download 7B9
    • install 7B9 while 1P6 is already there
    • load 7B9 and license was already added to Software Licenses category
    • removed 1P6 and 7B9 stopped working
    • removed everything, reinstalled 1P6 and license was applied automatically
    • I can still see 7B9 license in 1P6
    • knowing the license is there, I reinstalled 7B9 while 1P6 was present, 7B9 cannot find license nor will activate automatically as does 1P6
    • after downloading the license yet again from email link, I was able to apply it

What puzzles me is when I purchased it how did it get added automatically and why will it not read the license directly as does 1P6?

Let me know if there is any more information i can provide, however at this time I have it working

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@devibimal - The license gets applied to the Software Licenses category as a default. But it should also license the actual app itself, not just make a Software License item within the database. I'm not quite sure why yours didn't, initially, but that's part of getting ready for full 1Password 7 for Mac launch -- making sure this process works smoothly for everyone. Based on your description, I think this may have been a one-off, but we'll get back in touch if we have any further questions for you. Thanks so much for reporting and apologies for the inconvenience. Glad to hear you're up and licensed. :)

This discussion has been closed.