Set a new password BIG problem

diane857
diane857
Community Member

I have four devices that use the same password account. My password was weak so I decided to make more complicated password. Now my pcs both the debt desktop and the laptop won't open with the new or the old password. They're both on Windows 10. My iPad will open with my thumb print so I'm afraid to mess with that because at least I can get into my account. And my iPhone will open using the old password and somehow it lost the option of opening with my thumbprints. Is there anyway I can use my iPad to reinstall all the information on my lap top, my desktop and my iPhone? Is there any way I can print out all my passwords in the list from my I iPad just to have them for reference? The new password included an exclamation mark… Have you been having trouble with that? By the way I went through all the different suggestions on the on your website about what you doing your password doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@diane857: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! An exclamation mark should be fine, as that's standard ASCII. However, if you change your Master Password on one device, it won't affect the others unless you sync the data to those as well. Even if you do, you will need to unlock using the "old" Master Password first to allow the data to sync (since that's encrypted using the Master Password). After that, you'll be able to unlock using the new Master Password. The only exception to this will be if your data is simply damaged on one or more devices. Since that would sync too, it could spread to others. But I suspect you probably are just panicking a bit because the new one didn't work right away, and if you take your time you'll likely find that the "old" one works for you so you can unlock and sync so the new one will work. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.