Hi AgileBits! The link from the "Buy a standalone 1Password 6 license" button is broken.

Nathan_
Nathan_
Community Member

I installed 1Password (downloaded from the Mac App Store) on a computer in read-only mode. When I clicked on the "Purchase 1Password" button in 1Password Settings, it launches the "Buy a standalone 1Password 6 license" popup modal. Exactly what I was expecting to see. But when I click on the "Purchase License" button, nothing happens. I replicated this on another computer with a fresh install. I then followed several of the support articles, but I cannot seem to get around it. I'm a developer and want to purchase another license. Do you have an alternate link available?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I think the link on the "Buy a standalone 1Password 6 license" modal is broken.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Nathan_! In anticipation of the upcoming 1Password 7 for Mac, we removed 1Password 6 for Mac from sale in the Mac App Store since 1Password 7 for Mac will be (for the first time ever) a new product (as opposed to merely a continuation of the existing one). And as a developer, you already know that it's not possible to effect "upgrades" from one SKU to another in the Mac App Store.

All of which is by way of saying the short answer to your question is: no, you can't purchase 1Password 6 for Mac from the Mac App Store currently. And in truth, you shouldn't need to; all 1Password for Mac licenses grant you the right to install and license 1Password on as many Macs as you own/use -- you just need to use the version of 1Password from our downloads page, not the Mac App Store version. You can visit that link and download 1Password 6 for Mac, then use your existing license on any other Macs you're using.

• Nathan_
    Nathan_
    Community Member

Thanks @Lars for the prompt reply. I downloaded the 7 beta and it looks great! Thanks for you and your team's great work!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for the kind words! So glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password 7. Happy to have you participate in the beta. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.