Been using 1Pass on my Mac and Android for years, now Windows.

Options

I've been using 1 Password 6.8.8 on Mac (OSX 10.12.6) and on my Android, syncing with WLAN server and only using a local vault. So I don't have an online account with you. Now I want to use a Windows 7 PC along with the Mac and Android still. I downloaded 1Pass 6.8.534 and I can't seem to do anything at all with it without having a logon for a 1Password account. Can I use 1Password on Windows and still stick with the local only vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX & Windows 7
Sync Type: local
Referrer: forum-search:move from mac to windows

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wjsimpson,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

1Password 6 for Windows is focused on our 1Password accounts and does not support local vaults. If your existing 1Password includes 1Password for Windows, you should download and install 1Password 4 for Windows, which supports WLAN Server sync, but please note that the WLAN server can’t sync two or more computers.

If you are interested in using 1Password on all of your devices (Mac, PC, Android), I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password account as it is the best way to use 1Password right now. Plus, you won't have to worry about sync or backups anymore. You can learn more about it in this article on our website:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you prefer local vaults, please tell us why. :) In the meantime, you can give 1Password 7 for Windows a try. It is available in beta and it supports local vaults (no WLAN Server Sync, though).

Let me know if it helps. If you have more questions, feel free to raise them in your reply. We are here to answer them.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.