1Password X 1.6.6 with Firefox 60.0b14 (64-bit) on macOS not working

goldenratio
goldenratio
Community Member

I have a fresh install of Firefox beta 60.0b14 on macOS 10.13.4. I installed 1Password X 1.6.6. I can't get it to work.

After clicking the extension in the toolbar, it prompts me to sign in with my master password as expected, but after hitting enter on the keyboard, it just shows the spinner forever (or until I switch focus outside of the window). If I go back and click on the extension again, the window is just blank.

In the console I see:

[LM] @startMonitoring (autolock=90)
Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:1
de/< moz-extension://14d534d4-5c88-a54f-abad-2f01e9351db4/background/background.js:1:556393

Interestingly if I purposefully enter an incorrect master password, I see:

[action/Session#verify] ClientError: Invalid email or password

That suggests there is some communication happening, at least.

Any thoughts?

Extension Version: 1.6.6
OS Version: 10.13.4

Comments

• demattia
    demattia
    Community Member

I can confirm this is an issue, have the exact same setup as OP.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@demattia, @goldenratio: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the trouble. Oddly, I'm not seeing this behaviour here using the same macOS, Firefox, and 1Password X versions. So I suspect there's something else different about our setups — especially as it pertains to connectivity. If you use 1Password X in a new Firefox profile, do you encounter the same issue? If not, then it's likely some setting or extension in the original one that's interfering with the connection. On the other hand, if you're still having the same problem, do you have "security" software or something else on the machine that's interfering? It may be that there's a certificate issue on your end. Let me know what you find!

• demattia
    demattia
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

@brenty: It works fine on a new profile, so maybe there's some sort of issue with the extension settings. I'll try and delete them and see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: I had to delete the extension, restart Firefox, install the latest version (1.6.7), remove the account, re-add the account, and then sign-in to Firefox to get everything to work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It works fine on a new profile, so maybe there's some sort of issue with the extension settings. I'll try and delete them and see if that fixes the issue.

@demattia: Glad to hear a fresh profile helps!

Edit: I had to delete the extension, restart Firefox, install the latest version (1.6.7), remov the account, re-add the account, and then sign-in to Firefox to get everything to work.

It's interesting that helped as well. We'll see if the errors goldenratio shared help us identify the cause. Thanks so much for the update!

• goldenratio
    goldenratio
    Community Member

@brenty I was also able to get it working. All I did was uninstall the 1PX extension, restart Firefox, then reinstall the extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@goldenratio: Great! Thanks for the update, and for bringing this up in the first place. :)

• anton_serdyuk
    anton_serdyuk
    Community Member

I had the same issue, I use MacOS 10.12.6:

• I installed 1password-x-1.6.3.xpi, and saw blank window instead of 1password.
    • Then I realized I should've used Firefox 60. So I reinstalled Firefox. Still blank window.
    • Then I tried to reinstall extension, still blank windon
    • I tried to logout/login from my firefox, still the same
    • Finally I tried to remove extension, restart firefox, add extension, and now it works.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to get the extension reinstalled. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I have the same problem with the most recent versions:

• Firefox 61.0a1
    • 1Password X Beta 1.7.0

When I click (or use the shortcut) on the extension I just got a black page.

Where can I see any logs, that could be useful?

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Just a quick update, after an update to the latest Nightly build, it works again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! I"m glad to hear that whatever was broken in an earlier alpha is fixed in the latest. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.