I would like help with Step 3 on How to switch to the version of 1Password from the AB website

JohnBJacoby
JohnBJacoby
Community Member

I am at the Welcome to 1 Password Screen on the download.
How should I answer "Used 1 Password before?"
I am currently running the Mac App Store version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I would like help with Step 3 on How to switch to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits website

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @JohnBJacoby! If you're switching over to "our" version of 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store version, the first thing you'll want to make sure to do is Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).

If you've done that and you're sure no 1Password processes are running, then choose "More Options," followed by "Search My Mac." You should see an option to use your Mac App Store version data. Let us know if that's not the case.

• JohnBJacoby
    JohnBJacoby
    Community Member

Thank you for your help, Lars
    Yes, Step 2 went fine.
    And yes, I did see what I thought was my data.
    When I tried to select it, I was asked to use my master password. I tried twice; it was rejected both times, and then the window vanished.
    I chose a different master password for the download than I had used on the app from the Mac app store. I wonder if using the new one to find the old data was a mistake?
    I am not sure what steps to take to get back on track.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JohnBJacoby: It sounds like you have two copies of 1Password data from using multiple versions of the app. Do you have more than one 1Password app installed right now? If you purchased from the Mac App Store, you should only have "1Password.app" installed. "1Password 6.app" is the AgileBits Store version. Let me know what you find!

• JohnBJacoby
    JohnBJacoby
    Community Member

Thank you, Brenty.
    Only the 1Password app shows up in the app folder, not the 1Password 6 that the instructions said would be there when the new app was successfully installed.
    Steve Joyner asked me to send a diagnostic report, which I have now done.
    Hope that helps.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@JohnBJacoby - sounds good. A diagnostics report is perhaps the best way to get a closer look at the specifics of your setup. In the future, if you have questions or problems with 1Password, please don't post them in multiple venues or points of contact for us. When we have to stop and check/coordinate multiple responses amongst multiple people, it slows down the support times for everyone, including you. Let's keep the conversation going via email, if that's OK with you.

ref: DRG-57481-143

This discussion has been closed.