"Layout is Ambiguous" / The purple windows

Comments

• Thanks for the update, @dmbfan36_23. Please do keep an eye on it and let us know if the issue reoccurs.

Ben

• alexps
    alexps
    Community Member

Hello. Running latest beta (7) & have had some vault issues. Had created a new 'Master Vault' & copied over bits left over from different syncs into it. Then selected a personal vault that had been partially deleted & selected all entries within it to remove it (Cmd+A). Then pressed delete key. All entries disappeared but instant purple window. Unable to close or select anything within the purple window & had to use Activity Monitor to force quit the app. Re-opened & attempted again with same result. It seems deleting everything in a vault is problematic...
    Purple window screen grab attached.

1Password Version: v7 Beta 7
    Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
    OS Version: 10.13.4
    Sync Type: 1Password account

• skeltonm
    skeltonm
    Community Member

I just got the purple box this morning on 7.0.BETA-7. Here are the steps to reproduce.

1. Open 1Password
    2. Click to collapse the sidebar to the mini sidebar
    3. Click the vaults icon to change vaults
    4. Change to a different vault
    5. The purple window now displays
  • Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Interesting: I followed your steps exactly using beta 7 and had no problem. I'm using macOS 10.13.4 with a stand alone licence. Is there any relevant in with your setup?

Stephen

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018

@alexps

Thanks for letting us know. I’ll add this information to the bug report. I’ve merged your report with the thread on this same subject.

Ben

ref: apple-599

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member

I get the purple window in 10.13.4 when I click on certain login entries only. Those login entries are not in WATCHTOWER.

• @mdvzo,

What version of the beta are you running? Are you able to come up with anything that is common among these items but not to the rest of your items?

Ben

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member

Beta 10 as of this morning and still has the issue. It happens very infrequently but is reproducible so I will haves to take notes when it happens again on another entry. It seems like I can sometimes click on the entry and it is fine then all of a sudden it turns Purple.

• Interesting... so the same item may sometimes produce the problem and other times not?

Ben

• lechuan
    lechuan
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I am seeing this in beta 10

Didn't see this in the beta 9 (the first beta I tried). It just started showing up as soon as I upgraded to 10.

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

Mine is showing the Purple Border anytime I do a password fill from either the 1Password mini in the menu bar or the plugin in Firefox.

Firefox ext. is 4.7.1.3, Beta Firefox 60.0, 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-10 (70000010).

And mine only just NOW started showing this issue.

• micste
    micste
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Im on altes 7, Beta. had yesterday as well the pulle screen.!
    Screen showed up somwhere on right top Corner. G
    Got rid of it, with several open/close/minimize, etc. of onepassword.

• Thanks for the feedback on this folks.

@micste Please update to beta 10. It won’t necessarily fix this specific issue but we’ve made a lot of improvements since beta 7.

Ben

• hafm
    hafm
    Community Member

I am on Beta 10 & have just seen the "purple window" for the first time.

• Hi @hafm,

What context are you seeing the purple window in? i.e. is it when viewing a specific item? Or when performing a task in the extension?

Ben

• hafm
    hafm
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

It has just done it again; started up 1P via the dock, entered my master password, typed part of the Login I wanted to see/use and on returning the correct Login page it then displayed the purple window.

Closed 1P and re-started it, searched for another item and no purple window; but when I searched again for the original Login (my online bank) it again returned a purple window. I looked within Watchtower and this entry is not in the Watchtower list.

Looking at the "Why am I seeing this" window, I don't understand what it is saying, but the Qvia-AR790 is a dash cam I have but I have no idea why it is reporting it here...

PS If there is anything sensitive in this screenshot please say so and I will delete it asap!!!

MacOS 10.13.4, Safari 11.1, 1P 7.0b10

• Thanks for the additional information @hafm.

PS If there is anything sensitive in this screenshot please say so and I will delete it asap!!!

I don’t see anything sensitive.

Ben

• xabe
    xabe
    Community Member

Hi there, I've just had a similar error after resizing the small sticky window showing an item.

Steps to produce

1. Bring the small 1Password window - not the full app
    2. Find a bank account
    3. Hover over the item to show the details
    4. Click the button that shows the two boxes to make it sticky
    5. Now resize the window to make it very long - my item contains a lot of info
    6. The error is triggered - see screen shot below

Expected behavior

1. No error

Actual behavior

1. Purple window says the layout is ambiguous

Additional information

1Password 7
    Version 7.0.BETA-10 (70000010)
    AgileBits Beta
    macOS 10.13.4

Thanks!

• Thanks so much for the detailed report, @xabe!

Ben

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

This just started happening today for me with 1Password 7.0BETA-10. I'm running macOS 10.13.5 Beta (17F59b) on a MacBook Pro Touchbar. Using iCloud vault sync with the non-AppStore version. When I first open the app it is normal but if I select a category (eg Credit Cards) and select one of the items there the purple constraints visualization border appears. Let me know if I can provide more info.

• jdmass
    jdmass
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I'm running beta 10 and am getting the same purple box that others have described every time I launch 1PW. I just rebooted and tried again with the same result.

Running MacOS 10.13.4

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Thanks for letting us know! We'll get this fixed.

ref: apple-1022

• Airwick
    Airwick
    Community Member

Yes, debug window appears both in app and mini in Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm only seeing it in mini here, but we'll track it down. Thank you! :)

• zzzamboni
    zzzamboni
    Community Member

Just to pitch in here - I am seeing this purple border/background only on ONE of my items (that I've been able to find so far) when I open it in 1P-mini. When I dismiss the view with ESC, or if I copy the password, 1P crashes. This only happens on this one item so far, others are displayed OK. My WatchTower screen is empty, so I don't think I have it enabled for this or other items. I can't see what's different about this one item. Here's a screenshot:

• Thanks for sharing, @zzzamboni. :)

Ben

• zzzamboni
    zzzamboni
    Community Member

Hi - I just installed BETA-12, and I can confirm that the problem I was seeing has been fixed. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

• Thanks for the update @zzzamboni. :)

Ben

• ciju
    ciju
    Community Member

I can reproduce the effect in beta-12 as well. Link to mp4 on dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know. It seems to have improved a bit, but it looks like we still have a bit more work to do in this area.

This discussion has been closed.