Changing Team/Business URL?

Options

I searched for an answer to this and found it but its from 2016. In the answer i found, they said that the account owner cannot change the url only 1password staff can change this. Is this still the case? I was thinking of changing the url for my new business account since we are likely to stick with 1 password.

Also, if the url were to change, would this invalidate any pending invitations to the business account that were issued before the url change? Would i have to re-invite new users?

Thanks in advance :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChesterCopperpot - no, you can definitely change it. You'll need to be the account owner to do so, but if you visit the Settings tab of your account in a browser, you'll be able to change the team logo as well as both the display name of the account and the URL.

However, there are a couple of caveats. Because you're actually changing the web address (URL) of the account, you would have to re-authenticate on every device you're already signed into the account on, and so would all other members. If you're just getting started, it's probably not a big deal. If you've got 150 members, each with three or four devices, that would potentially be quite a pain indeed. And yes, you'd need to cancel and re-send any pending invitations as well, since as soon as you changed, they'd be pointing to a non-existent domain/account. Finally, changing the URL is dependent on no one else having claimed that domain/account already, just like it is when you initially sign up.

• ChesterCopperpot
    ChesterCopperpot
    Community Member
    Options

Ohh that's great news! Were just getting started today so I will make the change before inviting everyone.
    Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChesterCopperpot - great! Let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist or you have other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.