Testing in Firefox on Linux [1Password X now available at https://addons.mozilla.org !]

13»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, that was a long few months! :lol:

I'm amazed at how far 1Password X has already come, and eager for more. :sunglasses:

• Zod
    Zod
    Community Member

I signed as well, can't wait to get the extension link. I'm on Firefox 60 beta

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We'll be in touch as soon as it's ready for you. :)

• kemko
    kemko
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

For some reason, I have not yet received a link to the new version :'(

upd: Judging by the last comment you send the link not so fast. Okay, I will be waiting

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Good things come to those who wait. I promise. :) :+1:

• kemko
    kemko
    Community Member

In the meantime, two weeks have passed since the announcement.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kemko: I can't tell if you're joking or not, so I'll just say that if you signed up already you'll hear from us as soon as it's ready for you to start testing. Cheers! :)

• Invites were sent out today! 🎉

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Invites were sent out today! 🎉

Yes. Thanks!

• k4ch0
    k4ch0
    Community Member

Not working on Firefox 60.0b8 (64-bit) on Linux Mint 18.3 how can I sent a report?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: :chuffed: :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@k4ch0: Feel free to start a new discussion to report an issue, but please be as specific as possible. Simply "Not working" will probably be hard to diagnose. ;)

• m3thos
    m3thos
    Community Member

hello,
    I'd also like access to the firefox extension for Linux.
    I'm running ubuntu 18.04, firefox 59 (vanilla install)

thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@m3thos: Great! Just follow the instructions to sign up and get set up with the beta. Cheers! :)

• oldgregg
    oldgregg
    Community Member

I just installed a Firefox extension which complains that "desktop version is required" but there's no "desktop version" for Linux. Is this the famous beta everyone here is discussing, or something else? I am a new user and my use case is Firefox-on-Linux. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oldgregg: The desktop browser extension requires the desktop app, so it will only work with 1Password for Windows or 1Password for Mac. 1Password X will work without a native app, as it connects to 1Password.com accounts. You're welcome to sign up and try the beta in Firefox. Cheers! :)

• gmcz
    gmcz
    Community Member

Signed up for the mailing list, and just wanted to add my 2 cents (Well, whatever the annual fee is for a Family Account, actually) that having 1Password X support in Firefox is very important to me. The most important "feature request" from me right now.

Thank you 1Password team!!

• gmcz
    gmcz
    Community Member

Hey! I'm running 1Password X in Firefox on Linux! This is great. Thank you so much 1Password!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gmcz: Hey, thank you for the kind words, and for participating in the Firefox beta! It's going well, and we've got more in store for the future. :chuffed:

• steelysteel
    steelysteel
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I'd begun the transition to one of your competitors because of the need for a password manager that worked in Firefox. I found the blog post, signed up for the beta. Got a sweet invite from Mitch (Thanks!) and I'm now rocking out with Firefox and 1password X on Linux! You guys are awesome! I've found no serious issues thus far, but wanted to stop by and show a little love.

Thanks to all that made this possible.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steelysteel: Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know! The kind words mean a lot. I'm also really glad to hear that you haven't encountered issues with 1Password X in Firefox, because it's been released officially now along with the stable version of Firefox 60. Glad to have you aboard, and let us know if you have any feedback. We're always working to make it better. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm going to close this discussion now that 1Password X is available to everyone in Firefox, but please join us in the 1Password X and 1Password X beta forums. We'd love to hear from you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.