Bug: Cannot Add Family Member via "Manage Access..."

invalidptr
invalidptr
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
  1. Upper-left side bar, expand to show my 7 vaults.
  2. Select the Child vault
  3. Click on the 3 ellipses and select "Manage Access..."
  4. Under Family Members, active a family member who isn't already selected and click the Done button
  5. Repeat steps 2 and 3. The family member I added in step 4 is deselected.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@invalidptr: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! "Done" closes the web view. You'll need to scroll down and click "Confirm" to make the change. When you do, you should see "Vault Saved". Then you can click "Done" to close the window and you should be all set. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

Apple's hidden scroll bar strikes again. Darn. Attached is what I see.

• Yep; never been a fan of hidden scroll bars, but it seems they’re here to stay. :(

Ben

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

This is rather strange to me. I just invoked the dialog again and it's different. Confirmed in the about box I'm still on 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009). You doing A/B testing remotely on me?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@invalidptr: No tricks, I promise! That looks really freaking weird. Maybe something is broken in Safari. Try restarting your Mac. It's like the webpage is loading without CSS...

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

@brenty 2 reboots. Both produced my second screen shot. Very strange. My macOS "Security Update 2018-001" installed 4/25/18 before I started this thread so it's not that...

Given that I'm pulling this from the web, I suppose build number doesn't matter. And versioning is going to be more confusing. I'm guessing a cloud update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@invalidptr: Hmm. Well, now I'm seeing the same thing here. I was thinking this may be a website issue, but the more I look at it I wonder if this isn't intentional. It's a big change from what we were both looking at a few days ago, but I've reached out to get the official word on which is correct, the first or second screenshots. I think maybe the idea is to make the sheet fit in with the macOS aesthetic more, as opposed to the website version with non-standard round green checkmarks. Also note Travel Mode has become a menu. I'll get back to you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@invalidptr: Yep. That's it. The latest release of 1Password.com has this integrating with the app better, which results in it looking decidedly less web-like and more app-like. Sorry for the confusion there. I'm rather fond of the "Done" button being replaced by a "Confirm" button to save changes made. Cheers! :)

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

Agreed, much less room for confusion with this update. Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@invalidptr - on behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome. Glad you like this new view. :)

This discussion has been closed.