How to open a 1Password 4 local vault with 1Password 7

Options
Leboyf
Leboyf
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm using 1Password 4 standalone version. I have only 1 vault.

I downloaded 1Password 7.0.543. I can't open it with my 1Password 4 password.

I was not surprised by that because the 1Password 4 vault is not in the original installation location. I moved the vault somewhere else on my C: drive.

Now, I can't specify the vault location with 1Password 7Beta because the "Open vault on this PC…" is grayed out. How am I supposed to open my 1Password 4 vault with 1Password 7 Beta if I can't point to the right location?

Thanks,

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 vs 7.0.543
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• Leboyf
    Leboyf
    Community Member
    Options

Ok... resolved... I previously installed 1P6 and uninstalled it. Later on, I changed my main 1P4 password.

I tried the old password in 1P7 (valid at the time I tried 1P6) and it unlocked it. I was then able to open my 1P4 vault.

• @Leboyf: I've actually not had the time to play with this myself just yet, but you should see our fancy new Welcome screen when you first start 1Password 7, assuming you've not yet opened a vault. Among the options there is "Local Folder" which is where your vault is. This will allow you to point 1Password 7 to the proper vault. I'm not sure from your description whether this is what you're seeing now or you've made it past this point and have opened an empty vault, so if I'm off-base about where you are in the process, let us know! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.