I added a new login to my Mac and realized it didn't sync to my iPhone.

nhapp
nhapp
Community Member

Upon further investigation, I'm seeing that my iOS vault is 316 items & my Mac has 335 items. I use the DropBox sync and when I go into the iOS "Sync Service" menu, the sync is not showing any signs of failure ("last sync 25 seconds ago"). Thankx for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mac & iOS Out of Sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nhapp: Then you're probably syncing with different vaults on each device. Definitely check the path on each device, and follow this guide to make sure everything is configured correctly:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Let me know what you find!

• nhapp
    nhapp
    Community Member

Anyone available to troubleshoot live with me? I'm seeing the same path on all devices...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nhapp: I apologize for the confusion. This isn't a chat room, and we try to respond to everyone's messages in the order in which they are received. I think that's fair, but I'm sorry that means you may have to wait while we reply to others who have been waiting longer.

Regarding troubleshooting, unfortunately without some basic information you omitted from your post, it's hard to say what might be going wrong with Dropbox, but with some more details I may be able to point you in the right direction. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, did you have trouble with any of the suggestions in the Dropbox troubleshooting guide I linked earlier? Thanks in advance! :)

• Dak
    Dak
    Community Member

I have found one way to reproduce the problem. I the underlying service (Dropbox, iCloud Drive) was working but is not working now, then synch fails...quickly and (defect!) silently.

Reproduce by taking a working synch setup and turn off iCloud drive.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I have found one way to reproduce the problem. I the underlying service (Dropbox, iCloud Drive) was working but is not working now, then synch fails...quickly and (defect!) silently.

@Dak: That's not something 1Password has any control over. It's literally just writing the data and has no insight into or control over whether iCloud or Dropbox are running on the system or syncing the data. :(

Reproduce by taking a working synch setup and turn off iCloud drive.

Yep. iCloud Drive needs to be enabled for 1Password to sync with it. You're kind of sabotaging yourself there if you turn it off, as that can affect sync for not only 1Password but anything else using iCloud. Fortunately it's easy to turn it on. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.