problem password ?help

mariasmile509
mariasmile509
Community Member

So, basically I have the following questions:
1. What keychain format am I using? (How do I check)? (if my 1password file has extension of agilekeychain, I'm assuming that's what it's using?)
2. What should I be using from a security perspective in respect to password crackers (i.e. hashcat) knowing that the agilekeychain format is a "faster" hash than cloudkeychain format?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

So, basically I have the following questions:
    1. What keychain format am I using? (How do I check)? (if my 1password file has extension of agilekeychain, I'm assuming that's what it's using?)

@mariasmile509: Yep! The Agile Keychain format has been around for a long time. :)

1. What should I be using from a security perspective in respect to password crackers (i.e. hashcat) knowing that the agilekeychain format is a "faster" hash than cloudkeychain format?

Depending on when you created the vault, it's possible that it is using an updated/higher PBKDF2 iteration count to protect further against brute force attacks. But while it's unlikely that you're at risk in any way using AgileKeychain, there's no good reason* not to move to the OPVault format. Just follow the steps in this guide:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain

• If you're using an outdated version of 1Password on one or more devices and/or depend on a legacy sync method, you may need to evaluate first before switching.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mariasmile509
    mariasmile509
    Community Member

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Happy to help if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.