Add search/add buttons to main screen

Options
casraf
casraf
Community Member

The interface is a bit clunky in the way you have to tap around a few times before you can pull a password or edit details. I really think the action bar on the main activity (before going into categories -> logins) should have a search button there to search everything. Also, an FAB to add new items would be nice there as well.

Another thing I'd like to mention - there's no way to create a new login for new websites from the autofill search - which is a shame, because it could shorten the way you have to create new logins - go to the website, search for the login, fail to find one, go back to home screen, open 1password app, go into categories -> logins, create new login, go back to browser, search again...) Would be nice to just be able to create a new one when failing to find a result, and let that new login be selectable when I'm done creating it, so it would be immediately usable - a way faster & more convenient experience.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The interface is a bit clunky in the way you have to tap around a few times before you can pull a password or edit details. I really think the action bar on the main activity (before going into categories -> logins) should have a search button there to search everything. Also, an FAB to add new items would be nice there as well.

@casraf: I also think those could be handy. We'll see what we can do. :)

Another thing I'd like to mention - there's no way to create a new login for new websites from the autofill search - which is a shame, because it could shorten the way you have to create new logins - go to the website, search for the login, fail to find one, go back to home screen, open 1password app, go into categories -> logins, create new login, go back to browser, search again...) Would be nice to just be able to create a new one when failing to find a result, and let that new login be selectable when I'm done creating it, so it would be immediately usable - a way faster & more convenient experience.

Hmm. I'm not sure we'd want to new login every time there is no result (false negatives and all that), but I like the direction you're thinking here. I agree that it would be nice to have a way to create a new login right there on a webpage or in an app. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.