[Request] Support for Payment Request API

Options

Now that the web Payment Request API is becoming more standard, when will 1Password X support autofilling credit cards in browser Payment Request dialogs?

You can see what the Payment Request API looks like in this demo: https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/paymentrequest/credit-cards/

Right now, 1Password X cannot autofill or interact with the browser Payment Request dialog.

I understand that supporting this in 1Password X will probably require Google Chrome's blessing, so I'm not holding my breath. I mostly want to know how Agilebits plans to address this issue, because conflicts with standard browser features like this definitely make it difficult for me to continue easily using 1Password for everything.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dalton
    Options

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, @themacguffinman. To be honest, I have yet to see this in the wild so thank you for sharing that helpful demo. It looks like the credit card and address forms there are meant for saving your card and billing address to Chrome in order for Chrome to autofill later. This means that you would only fill that form once for each card and address, which would also result in those details being stored in 1Password and Chrome. Generally, we try to encourage folks not to use their browser's built-in password managers as they can be less secure and conflict with the use of 1Password.

With that being said, we'll still look into whether we can support filling here and whether it's a path we want to encourage. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.