your account has been deleted

Hi,
Trying to set up 1pass on a new computer. When I enter the login credentials I get the error "your account has been deleted" . When I jump on over to the old computer, the account is still there.
I have 1pass for families and the new computer I'm trying to setup, the user has a separate vault along with access to a shared vault.
What's am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:your account has been deleted

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @leefledd,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the troubles.

When I jump on over to the old computer, the account is still there. I have 1pass for families and the new computer I'm trying to setup, the user has a separate vault along with access to a shared vault.

Am I right to understand that you have your own 1Password family account on your old computer, but now you are trying to add the second member's account to a new computer? If my hunch is correct, please try to sign in to your family account in the browser on your computer and click on "People" in the sidebar on the right. Do you see that member there?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• leefledd
    leefledd
    Community Member

Greg,
    Yes I do see the user when I log in with the web browser.
    Lee

• @leefledd: I think I share Greg's suspicion here that perhaps this family member hasn't been confirmed for completed setting up their account. Just to double check, below People, you should see Invitations in the sidebar? Do you see any pending confirmations here? If you do, and the family member you're setting up the app for is there, make sure to confirm them. If not, let us know and we'll take a look at something else. Thanks! :chuffed:

• leefledd
    leefledd
    Community Member

bundtkate,
    If I'm setting up a new computer, do I need to issue a new invitation even though things were working on the old computer?

There are no pending confirmations on the sidebar.

Thanks for your help in figuring this out.
    Lee

• @leefledd: You should be able to use the same information as the old computer, but the account being deleted is a rather specific error unlikely to be triggered by anything other than exactly what it says. We don't need to know any of your sign-in credentials for this computer, but could you let me know where you're pulling them from? The app on the old computer? 1Password.com? An Emergency Kit?

If you are using an Emergency Kit, I'd look to the old computer for those credentials instead, as you might be looking at an outdated Emergency Kit. I know I've set up enough test accounts over the years that I've pulled the wrong one more than once. These instructions specifically cover finding your Secret Key, but the rest of your credentials can be found in the same menu as well. Give those a look to make sure you're entering everything correctly and let us know what you find. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.