Operation could not be completed… (-600)

Options
bensieg
bensieg
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

I'm getting this error everytime I use 1P from the app and the chrome extension in the browser. I've restarted my computer, closed and opened the browser, checked if there was an update, and nothing is fixing this. Despite the error modal popping up, I can click Ok on it and still log in, that is to say 1P does paste the user/pass. The goal obviously is NOT have this error popping up!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.3 (17D102)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@beisieg - Hmmm, that's not what we want to see. Sometimes, that error is a result of the script becoming corrupted or permissions getting out of whack. I'd like you to do the following:

• Close all running browsers
    • In 1Password, visit Preferences > Browsers and un-check the box marked "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords."
    • Quit 1Password and the Mini completely, by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    • In the Finder, go to the following folder: ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper (if you have trouble finding that, select Go > Go to Folder and copy/paste that location in the field that appears)
    • Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Return to Preferences > Browsers and re-check that checkbox from above. This will regenerate the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file and should solve the problem. Let us know how it goes!
  • bensieg
    bensieg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars, yes that fixed it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bensieg - that's great! Glad I was able to help. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else. :)

• Jim_Kel
    Jim_Kel
    Community Member
    Options

I just had the same problem. Your solution worked for me too.

I wonder if a related? problem might also be fixed ...

BTW 1Password had been "bouncing back" after the script execution for about two weeks on some websites. I would "Open and Fill" and 1 Password would do that fine; it would then submit a return; the website would begin to process the info - BUT then it would bounce back to id and password entry screen with fields cleared. Using 1P again would fill and submit OK as normal.

I am hopeful the fix might also address this Bounce Back behaviour.

Jim

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jim_Kel - glad to hear that was a workable solution for you in terms of the autosubmit script. However, the "clearing fields" is almost certainly going to be this issue, which is something we're still working on for the moment. See if the workarounds in that post help you resolve that at all. Let us know how it goes. :)

• Jim_Kel
    Jim_Kel
    Community Member
    Options

Autosubmit continues to work fine, when I remember to use the workaround noted with the "clearing fields" issue - thanks.

Jim

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that helps! And we're here if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.