Is it possible to search passwords in 1password ?

Options
vels
vels
Community Member

Is it possible to search passwords in 1password ?

I setup 1password for someone i know and they didnt use the generate password bit, but rather still used the same a manually typed password which is a variation of the same word / phrase in multiple sites.

I want to do an audit and see the sites they did this in and then update it for them.

I know i can use the duplicate password checker which ive already done, which picked up some of these, but in some instances they where changing the phrase ever so slightly by adding a couple of numbers at the end.

So what id like to be able to search for is for example "password"and that would return all the sites using "password1", "Password1", "Password11" etc..

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vels: Definitely check out Security Audit in the sidebar first, as that has a Duplicate Passwords feature that makes it easy to find those. But you can also search for specific passwords by clicking the "magnifying glass" icon in the search field to go to "show search options" and filter however you want. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.