Soooo AgileKeychain and Opvault and 1Password.com

AlwaysSortaCurious
AlwaysSortaCurious
Community Member

Just out of curiosity, I see that currently or at some point android wrote to dropbox al la Opvault via the DropBox APIs, that local vaults are AgileKeychain, so what is the local cache for 1password.com sync? AgileKeychain with sync to 1Password.com?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@AlwaysSortaCurious,

You can import the AgileKeychain vault into 1Password.com but not sync to it. 1Password for Android itself has no way of creating the OPVault vault, only an AgileKeychain vault so you would need the 1Password Desktop (Mac/Win) version to create OPVault vault or the iOS version. .

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Indeed, we'll be adding full support for OPVault in version 7, but right now there are some limitations. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do?

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Learn.... that’s all, I sync across a boatload of osses via 1Password.com and was curious about you all did for the local cache (not a local vault and not a Dropbox sync)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Ah, I understand completely, as I'm in the same boat! I don't actually think we have anything I'm not using (native apps, OSes, browser and web interfaces) so definitely let me know if you have any other questions. If I don't already know, I'll be happy to find out. :)

• dookie67
    dookie67
    Community Member

@brenty wait, do you mean that 1pass 7 for android will support opvault format for local storage? I was playing around with 1pass 7 beta for windows and realized that could only use opvault for local storage while the current version in google play can only use agilekeychain for local storage. Fixing that mismatch in one or the other would be nice.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dookie67: Yep. We're on the same page there. Having only OPVault supported in 1Password 7 is problematic unless the Android app has full support for it as well. It's definitely on our list. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Just a quick update here: We've released a new beta of 1Password for Android with full OPVault support a few hours ago. If you're interested, sign up for the beta if you're in a hurry to use this feature. Cheers! :)

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Appreciate the update. A little skittish where my phone is concerned, but nice to know the local cache and any local vaults will be up to snuff soon! (wow can't believe you remembered this thread,) Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Haha I did have to do a search to find it, but I was really excited to share the news. I hear you. Even if you prefer to hold off until the stable release, it's good to know it's coming. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.