Search missing in Autofill (Oreo)

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Android

I have come across this situation with 1Password in Oreo where Autofill is missing the search feature. Please correct the issue.

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @wkleem. Sorry, but I'm not seeing this issue on my end. If I open an app and tap into a Login field, then tap 'Autofill with 1Password', and unlock my vault, I'm able to search for the Login I want to fill. Can you elaborate on the behavior you're seeing?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

When I click on the blue 1Password logo for auto fill, unlock with the Master Password, I am presented with a scrollable list of login names but as far as I can tell it isn’t searchable, I.e. no text box can be found to type in the login name.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Another issue which presents the search box but this only occurs when, with 1Password autofill not working (grayed out at 1Password Keyboard), there is a message stating the login is insecure, do I want to proceed? Is it safe to proceed with a 1Password logo grayed out?

• peri
    edited April 2018
    Options

Are you seeing this problem from apps or browsers, @wkleem? Search is only available when filling into apps. When filling into browsers, you'll see a list of Logins with matching URLs to the site you're on.

Can you provide a screenshot of the notification you're referring to in your second comment? I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri,

I apologise for any confusion caused. I am seeing the issues from Chrome. Also attempted screenshots earlier but 1Password blocked my attempts. Will try to screen capture later.

• peri
    Options

Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying! You won't be able to search from the browsers, as we do URL matching there. You can search from third-party apps because they won't necessarily match the URLs in your Login items. So you'll see a list of matching URLs when filling from Chrome, but you won't see the option to search. You can add the URLs to the website fields in your Login items if you want them to show up in Chrome.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response! There is the other issue of a greyed out 1Password icon. I have to do a Long press and search appears there but I get an insecure message?

• peri
    Options

Can you share a screenshot of the insecure message you're referring to? If automatic filling isn't supported from the 1Password keyboard, you should see a message reading:

Automatic filling is not available. Continue with manual filling by long pressing on the 1Password icon.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

How do I temporarily disable the security to allow screenshot?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Found it, please disregard message. Android is a backup platform for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries. In case it helps anyone else, screenshots can be allowed in 1Password for Android Settings > Advanced. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Had a problem Android 8.0, in my Xperia, unlike iOS 11, does not have markdown built in so I cannot redact the screenshot as easily as on iOS devices. Will post when I am ready.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, good point. Sure thing. We're here any time it's convenient. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

This is what it looks like. There is a search box wirh the long press and after selecting a login from search,, I am presented with this message

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah, sorry for the confusion there. That's expected. 1Password is asking for permission to associate the login — "GMCS" in this case — with the app you're trying to fill it in — Chrome here — using accessibility since it cannot (yet — waiting for proper autofill support in Chrome) match the URL. Hopefully it won't be too long before that's no longer necessary. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@brenty,

Thanks for the explanation! It so happens that "GMCS", one of my least used logins, was deactivated when I tried to get back in. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: What do you mean "deactivated"?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi.

I mean, I didn't know that the website would, after a period of inactivity, disable the login and I will need the site's administrator to reactivate it. No big deal.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ohhhhhhh I have totally had that happen to me. It seems like this isn't a common practice these days, but I literally have one forum account that I've set a monthly calendar alert to sign into so that doesn't happen there. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

One month! Absolutely hilarious. Not going to name sites but the recommended browser (login site) is 10 years old! Anyway, enough of this.

Thanks.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot that the old Agilebits site does have parts that need fixing, like Watchtower, but there is nothing that is severe there. Recommending wholly outdated browsers is severe.

• peri
    Options

Thanks @wkleem. We have an issue opened up internally regarding our Watchtower page, and we hope to get it fixed in the future.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Peri.

That's it from me here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.