1Password (AppStore) keep asking AppleID after re-install from AppStore on a new mac

Options
patoo
patoo
Community Member

Hi,

I bought a new Mac (used) and I'm tying to install 1Password from Appstore using my AppleID.
Download is ok
When I'm trying to start it, it asking to enter my AppleID+Password, and doesn't start. and again...

I also tried to reinstall 1password on my old mac by deleting the app and re-download it, and I have the same problem now.

mac version 10.12.6
1password 6.8.8
Console messages while trying to enter my AppleID

1Password Failed to validate receipt Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt -- file:///Applications/1Password.app/,

1Password 688001 [STORE:(Main Thread):<OPAppStoreReceipt: 0x618000029c00, Version = 6.8.8;
OrigDate = 2011-12-23T11:54:04Z;
OrigVer = 3.9.2;
BundleIdentifier = com.agilebits.onepassword-osx;
E verifyWithBundleIdentifier:bundleVersion:guidDataOrNil: | Failed to validate receipt, invalid hash

I wish to be able to do a clean install of 1password on these 2 mac because it's one of my most important app (that I love a lot)

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@patoo: Unfortunately there isn't much we can do to help, only offer some tips and direct you to Apple if the problem persists. We simply don't have any control over the App Store installation/validation process. :(

I can tell you from experience though that signing out of the App Store completely, dragging the app to the Trash, and rebooting can help. After that, sign into the correct Apple ID — the one used to purchase 1Password — and then you should be able to install a fresh copy from your App Store purchase history to get it working. That way the App Store will validate the purchase. Let me know if that helps.

• patoo
    patoo
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi Brenty, thanks for your answer.

I already did what you suggested but it doesn't solve the problem. I'm still prompted for AppleID at each run.

I found a solution but I'm not sure that it correct.
    I installed 1Password using the installer from agilebits (1Password-6.8.8.pkg).
    Now I have 2 apps in Application's folder which are 1Password and 1Password6
    Using 1Password6, I was able to re-attach my opvault once, and I have to run 1Password6 after each reboot to restart 1Password mini.

Do you think that's a good temporary solution ?
    Is it allowed to do that in term of license ?

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@patoo: You're definitely allowed to do that. I'm glad that helped, but it isn't a good long-term solution. While I don't know what's going on with the App Store in your case and it's not something we can fix for you, if you shoot us an email at support@agilebits.com with a copy of your Mac App Store receipt, we can get you an AgileBits Store license.

Add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject before sending:

[#BGL-59922-452]

If you’re reading this and you are not patoo, this Support ID is for patoo only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your message to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Thanks in advance! :)

ref: BGL-59922-452

• patoo
    patoo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

I just sent the receipt.

Thanks a lot

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! Just replied there. :)

• patoo
    patoo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very very much

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.