upgrade 1 password

robert_dunn
robert_dunn
Community Member

I'm running 1password 3.8.22 on an old powermac running 10.11.6 and safari 11.1.

mostly 1 password work, but the main program has been quitting a lot on me lately. would an upgrade help? the safari extension mostly works but sometimes I have to quit safari then launch it again to get it working.

What's the easiest way to upgrade 1 password, if I should?

Also, it looks like I have two versions of the 1password extension running on Safari: v. 3.9.20 and v. 4.7.0. should I disable one of them?

thanks

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade 1 password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @robert_dunn! If you're using 1Password 3 for Mac, then you should not be using the 4.7.0 extension; it won't work.

However, that said, you would definitely benefit from an upgrade to the current version of 1Password for Mac, version 6.8.8 -- which you can install on your Mac, if it's capable of running macOS 10.11 Once you do that, you should be able to use the newer 4.7.0 extension in Safari, and your experience should be greatly improved.

Follow these instructions to get upgraded from version 3.8.22 to version 6. Let us know if you run into any problems. :)

This discussion has been closed.