1Password X is not up to date with new logins

So I added a new user/pass to 1password via my iOS app, I can see this new login in my 1password for Windows Desktop App but its not listed in 1password X for Chrome.

1Password Version: 1.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dalton
    edited May 2018

Thanks for reaching out to us, @hansenc! Do you use a standalone vault and a 1Password account on your iOS device, by chance? If the item was saved to a standalone vault, you won't see the same item in 1Password X since it only uses your 1Password account. Let me know if this sounds like what happened. 🙂

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

nope, using 1Password for Family.

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

Login also shows up on the website, just not in the 1Password X extension.

• Thanks for the clarification, @hansenc. Did you save the item to your Private vault? It's possible that 1Password X may not be showing all of your vaults. Can you double-check that 1Password X is set to display All Vaults by opening 1Password X, clicking the vault icon in the top left corner, and selecting All Vaults? Also, just to confirm, are you using more than one 1Password account with 1Password X or just your family account?

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

Verified that all vaults are being shown. Only one account, my family account in 1Password X.

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

I've logged out and logged back into the X extension and things are there. I'm wondering if it had something to do with the fact that I turned on 2FA yesterday...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hansenc: Aha! Indeed, when you enable it on the account, previously authorized devices will still need to reauthenticate — and that will mean the TOTP code will be required. Did you dismiss the sign in prompt, or did you simply not see it at all?

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

I remember it prompting, whats interesting is it didn't prompt when i logged out and logged back in but that might be because I was in the WebApp?

• That's likely why, @hansenc, as 1Password X shares the 2FA secret with the web application. Still, we should be able to do better here. It sounds like we got in a bad state and didn't force a re-login to sort things out, nor did we properly report the issue to you.

We'll take a look and see how to improve this. Thank you for reporting this to us. ❤️

++dave;

ref: b5x-409

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

Awesome, thanks @dteare

• 👍

This discussion has been closed.