Disabling Keyboard Shortcuts?

Options
kyle1234
kyle1234
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I currently use the 1Password extension within Chrome. I keep running into an issue in which a design tool that I use (Figma) requires the use of the shortcut "Command" + "\" to toggle menus on & off. There's a UI option for toggling the menus off, but once they're toggled off, there is no UI option for getting the menus back. Just the shortcut.

Unfortunately for me, the "Command" + "\" shortcut is used by my 1Password extension, so the only way to get my menus back in Figma is to restart Chrome. That's not really an option long term given how often I toggle menus on/off when doing design work.

Wondering if there's a way to disable all keyboard shortcuts for 1Password Extension? Or even change or disable just that 1 shortcut?

Thanks all!
Kyle

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Disabling Keyboard Shortcuts

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kyle1234

You posted this in our iOS category, but I suspect you’re using either 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows? Could you please let me know?

Ben

• kyle1234
    kyle1234
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you’re right @Ben.

Sorry about that. I am using 1Password for Mac.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kyle1234: No worries. While you cannot disable 1Password's filling shortcut, you can change it in 1Password Preferences > General to use a different key (or combination). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• kyle1234
    kyle1234
    Community Member
    Options

Amazing. Thank you @brenty!

• rudy
    edited May 2018
    Options

@kyle1234,

You actually can disable it by hitting the circle with the x in it on the right side of the hot key fields in General Preferences.

Rudy

• kyle1234
    kyle1234
    Community Member
    Options

Oh cool. Even better. Thanks @rudy!

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of rudy you’re welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rudy: Oh dang! I thought it was mandatory. Every time I've done that with other apps they've complained if I left it empty, or just reset it to the default. Learn something new every day! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.