Confusion about adding multiple vaults

Options

I've read all about adding multiple vaults, and seems like a good idea to separate some logins I use for other family members - even though I alone will be using those, it makes finding those entries easier. However, when I "make a new vault on this PC" - the only option offered in the Windows app - it doesn't show up in 1Password.com or on my phone. How do I make additional vaults that are visible across the web and all my devices

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 r1709
Sync Type: subscription
Referrer: forum-search:multiple vaults

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eelliott: Indeed, sorry for the confusion there! Sign into 1Password.com in your web browser, and that will allow you to not only create new vaults, but also share them with others in your family if you wish. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member
    Options

Ok so 1P is essentially a ‘top down’ configuration? With the web app as ‘master’ and desktop, mobile, etc as bi-directional shared subscribers to the web?

I will delete the vault I made on PC and attempt to recreate on the web and see what happens

Thx

• @eelliott: Essentially, you're correct. Day-to-day changes like updating passwords, adding an item, or moving something to another vault can be done both in the apps on on the web. Things like creating a vault in your account, inviting someone to your account, or change your Master Password are handled from the web app.

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification. Understanding how the leg bone is connected to the hip bone makes walking easier...:)

I have now made the new vault on the web, and it shows up correctly on the desktop and the mobiles...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Kate, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.