Cannot log in on Windows 10

Options

I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 (April 2018 update) and now I cannot log into the 1Password App. I do not know for sure if these are related, but it seems likely - I can log into the app on other machines and the web so I know the credentials are correct. I'm using my.1password.com as I did change from a family account to an individual one earlier today.

I've tried uninstall & reinstall, deleting the 1password folder (in %localappdata%) and all sorts... but nothing is working! I've also checked the event log and there's literally nothing there.

In the logs folder I can see this:
HTTP auth
timeout at retry 0: 100,013ms
code: -1; time: 100,013ms
time: 100,012ms

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mark

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: X 1.7.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• @mahood73: That sounds like the app is having issues connecting to the server so it can't authenticate, which seems unlikely to be the result of the Windows update. Do you have any security software installed that may have updated around the same time? It wouldn't be your network since you're fine on the website, so more likely something is specifically blocking the app from reaching the server. If you have an anti-virus or firewall program installed on the PC above and beyond Windows Defender, let us know. That's the most likely culprit to my mind. Thanks! :chuffed:

• mahood73
    mahood73
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Thanks, that's what I suspected also - but I only have Defender running. I've tried disabling the firewall on Windows temporarily but that didn't help either. I'm not aware of any other changes recently... except now that I think about it, I've enabled 2FA recently.

Is it possible that is only in the Beta? I'm running that on my Mac so perhaps I need to get the Windows Beta also.

I do have another PC which seems to be working fine but I've not logged out of the app on there yet (and am reluctant to try it now!)

• mahood73
    mahood73
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I fixed it - sort of. I switched to a WiFi connection instead of my wired one, and it let me log in!

Now the question is why (and it's not for you to answer of course!), but at least I'm in there now... I have reverted to the wired connection and can still unlock and sync 1password, but my guess is Windows is trying to be clever with my connections for some reason.

Thanks for the support - if I work out what was going on I'll post again in case there's something you can do to work around it for other people who run into it...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mahood73: So when you switched to Wi-Fi connection and signed in to your account in 1Password app, it started working in all connections? That is quite strange!

I am glad to hear that you were able to sign in to your account now, but please let us know if you find anything. We are always ready to help you with 1Password, if you have any other questions. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.