Options
george_rudebusch
george_rudebusch
Community Member

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

My Mac CPU overloads (see image of activity monitor).
My IT tech says he contacted you (by this forum, I think) and you're aware of the problem.
He said you might have a new version of 1pw that I can try to download. I had been running version 6, downloaded Apr 15, 2018.
I'm still accessing my 1pw account on my old mac desktop and my iOS phone, but I want it back on my Air as soon as it'll work properly.
Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1pw causes High Sierra overload

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@george_rudebusch: I may be going blind, but I don't actually see 1Password in the screenshot. Regardless, some folks have reported some similar issues in 1Password 6, and version 7 (currently a public beta) works completely differently from its predecessor under the hood and we haven't had similar reports there. I think it's worth trying...but first, could you elaborate on the problem you're having? There are known issues with UserEventAgent and launchd in macOS that affect many people, so I'm not yet convinced that this has to do with 1Password.

• george_rudebusch
    george_rudebusch
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the link! I've removed 1PW6 and will see if symptoms persist as my next step.

• Ben
    Options

Sounds good. Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.