ver 7 beta 11 SYNC error

2»

Comments

• yphoenix
    yphoenix
    Community Member

I received this today, and pretty sure I received it yesterday too.

1Password Version: 7.0b11
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.4
    Sync Type: iCloud / DropBox

• ehler
    ehler
    Community Member

Also having problems syncing. Troubleshooting tonight. Had already been an .opvault

• I’ve merged a few threads here. Please see above. :)

Ben

• ehler
    ehler
    Community Member

@Ben How do I fix where my keychain is. Do you mean a folder titled "1Password" in Dropbox?

• TonyHall
    TonyHall
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

@Ben

I'm seeing this message as well.

Checking my preferences showed that my Primary vault was syncing okay, but my two other vaults were not. All are OPVaults (one created by 1P7).

Last night, before this thread became active, I experimented by unsyncing one vault (which I don't mind too much if it gets messed up), then reselected it - I received a warning that the new vault will be merged, I allowed this and all appears well with that vault and there was no duplication of information. I'll hold off updating the remaining vault until it's confirmed that there will be no chance of further problems.

Update here after conferring with development: 1Password for Mac v7 beta 11 is sandboxed, and as such you’ll see this message as well if your OPVault keychain is outside of Dropbox/1Password or Dropbox/Apps/1Password

My OPVaults are inside Dropbox/1Password, and I'm having this problem, things may not be as simple as development are saying.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Update here after conferring with development: 1Password for Mac v7 beta 11 is sandboxed, and as such you’ll see this message as well if your OPVault keychain is outside of Dropbox/1Password or Dropbox/Apps/1Password

My data was right there in ~/Dropbox/1Password

Corentin

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

My one OPVault is in the root of my Dropbox folder, and sync broke until I disabled and reenabled sync (with a reboot in between). Same result on two Macs. I did merge when asked, and I had no duplicates.

• Thanks for the update, @verdi1987. ~/Dropbox is not one of the paths we’re able to accept automatically, only ~/Dropbox/1Password and ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password.

@ehler Disable sync on all of your devices, delete the keychain file from Dropbox, and then re-enable sync on each device.

Ben

• xabe
    xabe
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Hi @Ben,

I have the same error since BETA-11 (70000011):

I don't use Dropbox but I sync my opvault file using another file sync service (Tresorit). It's not shared with anyone, I'm the only person having access to it. The file is exactly the same on my two computers and is located in ~/Documents/1Password.

When I open the preferences in 1Password, it shows my opvault file no longer syncs with my local 1Password data (14 hours ago was yesterday night when I actually disabled folder sync and re-enabled it as explained in my next paragraph.)

Last night I disabled folder sync in 1Password on my laptop and restarted 1Password and set up folder sync again and merged (no conflicts) and 1Password was then able to sync with my opvault file. But as soon as I started my computer today, I got that error again, and 1Password no longer syncs with the opvault file in my folder apparently.

So I followed your instructions and disabled folder sync in 1Password on both computers, then deleted the opvault file from my computers and from the cloud. I also deleted the whole ~/Documents/1Password folder.

Then I set up the folder sync in 1Password again and created the folder ~/Documents/1Password again directly within 1Password. Doing this works and a new opvault is created and syncs correctly with 1Password:

However the same error happens as soon as I restart my computer and log in to 1Password. I didn't even share the folder in my file sync software at this point, so I suspect the issue is not related to my syncing the opvault file.

Could the issue be that 7.0.BETA-11 is now sandboxed, as mentioned here, and 1Password can no longer read & access my ~/Documents/1Password folder when I restart my computer?

Something else I noticed: if I disabled folder sync in 1Password, it offers the option to "Delete data from the folder". If I check the box, it warns me that the opvault will be moved to the trash. However, if I do that and click Disabled Sync, the opvault file is not moved to my trash. I wonder if that's also because 1Password cannot read & write in my ~/Documents/1Password?

Thanks!

• This is a known issue that will be resolved in beta 12.

• xabe
    xabe
    Community Member

Awesome @rudy, thanks :)

• reageerbuis
    reageerbuis
    Community Member

Hi, since beta 11 came around I have trouble syncing with Dropbox. I saved a login four hours ago on another machine, Dropbox synced, but the login doesn't show up on my other machine.

I saved another login just now on this machine, but still Dropbox syncing stays stuck, it only displays the text "Last synced 9 hours ago". The Dropbox app does not detect any change in the OPVault file.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-11 (70000011)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.12.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

My OPVaults are inside Dropbox/1Password, and I'm having this problem, things may not be as simple as development are saying.

@TonyHall: It really is fairly simple. 1Password 7 is sandboxed and has entitlements to access only specific locations, so if you're storing the vault inside some "Dropbox" folder, if it isn't in the default location, or if the subfolder you're using is not, it will not work "out of the box". But if you're running beta 12, you should be able to setup sync again and be all set. Let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.