I have a licence for 1password on my iMac and MacBook Pro. how do I extend this to my iPad please

jparkh25
jparkh25
Community Member

Your website tells me I can download a free copy of 1password 6 for iOS from iTunes app store but when I go there I'm told it costs £3.49 a month. Have you a better suggestion please?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jparkh25! 1Password for iOS is a free download for everyone; you can visit this link on any iOS device to get to our page in the App Store, and download 1Password. There is a $9.99USD in-app purchase to unlock the Pro features if you want those, but the basic features are free for anyone and everyone to use.

• jparkh25
    jparkh25
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    I now have 1password set up on my iPad mini4 with the same account as I have on the main IMac system but the iPad only has access to its Personal vault. I have subscribed but I cannot get the Primary vault on the iMac to be visible and useable on the iPad. Am I right in assuming I can expect to have all my devices synched to the one Primary vault.
    (or could this be a problem of my purchasing the iMac system from Mac store and the iPad from iTunes?)
    Please excuse my rather basic questions.
    Best wishes

Jim

• Jim,

The “Primary” vault is a local / standalone vault. It isn’t part of your 1Password account. To access your information on all of your devices please migrate the data you have in the Primary vault to the Personal vault and then delete the Primary vault. Instructions can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jparkh25
    jparkh25
    Community Member

Thanks Ben - sorry but I have another basic question - on the main iMac system in 'all vaults' I can now see 'Primary' and 'Jim Parkhouse Personal'.
    Where is the "move items" command please?
    Jim

• jparkh25
    jparkh25
    Community Member

haha - found it hidden under share - thanks again Ben - I can see 'em on the iPad now.
    Best wishes
    Jim

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. If you have not already I’d highly recommend deleting the Primary vault. It’ll almost certainly cause confusion down the road otherwise. :)

Ben

• LonePalm
    LonePalm
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    Found this thread. I own 1P for Mac, not the subscription. I just got an iPhone but when I downloaded the iOS app it wants me to start a subscription. I just want the non-subscription app. How to I get there?

• Hi @LonePalm,

Welcome back. :) On the welcome screen scroll down instead of selecting the membership option. You’ll see options to sync your existing data.

Ben

• LonePalm
    LonePalm
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks, and kudos for the timely response.
    I should have screenshot the time stamp for posterity (1:47 AM!), assuming you are close to my time zone.
    I'll start investigating my options.

• You’re welcome. I’m thinking we may not be near the same timezone. I’m in UTC-4 (New York). :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.