Some time ago I created some folder and now I don't know how to put stuff in them.

Options
martyALP
martyALP
Community Member

Mac OS 10.13.4 1Password 6.8.8
I was just able to create a new folder but I can not put anything into it. Maybe I'm too old?

1Password Version: 6.88
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to put data into a folder

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @martyALP

Maybe I'm too old?

Yeah, that is probably it. ;) I’m kidding, of course.

I was just able to create a new folder but I can not put anything into it

Have you tried dragging and dropping an item into the folder? That should work to add items either to folders or tags. Please note that we’d recommend using tags instead of folders. Folders are in the process of being depreciated. Tags are more flexible. With folders each item can only belong to one folder, whereas each item can have multiple tags.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• martyALP
    martyALP
    Community Member
    Options

I never used tags before so I'll have to learn. Sounds like that is what I want to do.

Thanks loads, unless you want to come here to fix it. Just kidding??

• Ben
    Options

Tags and folders are very similar concepts so if you understand how folders work tags shouldn’t take much of a leap.

Thanks loads, unless you want to come here to fix it. Just kidding??

You’re very welcome. I’m not sure “fix” is the right word, but I’ll see if the bosses can squeeze it into the travel budget. :)

Ben

• martyALP
    martyALP
    Community Member
    Options

I think I found my problem. You can not go into a Folder or Tag and create something. The something had to have been already created so that you can move or copy into the Folder or Tag. I was trying to open a folder and, e.g. type my SSN into it. That was in not clear to me but otherwise, have a great summer.

• Ben
    Options

Ah! Yes, sorry to have not been more clear about that. Glad to hear you were able to get it figured out. :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.