New Password item doesn't have an obvious field to write the password

nils_enevoldsen
nils_enevoldsen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I create a new Password item, there is no obvious field to write the password. (There are fields to fill in the website, notes, tags.)

I wonder if this was a recent casualty of the fix to not display empty password fields?

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @nils_enevoldsen,

I see we've already got a bug reported filed this so a visible password field will make a return, hopefully soon. I agree completely that a Password item where you can't add the password doesn't really scream useful.

ref: apple-877

• joeworkman
    joeworkman
    Community Member

I just ran into this today. Good thing I searched first... :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

It's also worth noting though that Password items are for 1Password to save generated passwords. But either way we need to get this fixed. ;)

• nils_enevoldsen
    nils_enevoldsen
    Community Member

@brenty Oh, where do you store passwords that aren't login components, e.g. passwords to decrypt file archives and computer backups?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nils_enevoldsen: Good question! The answer is, unhelpfully, "it depends". Anything I'm ever going to want to have 1Password fill, I use a Login of course, since that's the only way that can work. But stuff like the garage door code, device passcodes, etc. are generally Secure Notes. I do use some other categories depending on what makes sense, but often passwords that aren't login components are still related to another item in some way. For example Wireless Router, Server, Software License. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.