three-entry websites?

Having trouble - same as 1P6 setting up 1Passowrd with three-entry sites.

Example: www.aa.com (american airlines) which requestes three items be filled to log in [ acct number, last name, password ]

Also, in 1P6 I could edit the html field matching by editing the password entry - which gave some flexibility when encountering sites not really working right with 1PG.

How do I get these sites to work, and how do I edit the field matching?

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 10
Extension Version: 7 beta 4
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@erich22: They can definitely be difficult to deal with at times, but creating login items by hand is usually not the solution — or very fun. But manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

In my experience that definitely helps with American Airlines. Let me know how is goes! :)

• erich22
    erich22
    Community Member

Could you please make it so we can see & edit all three fields? I can only see two out of the three?

It did save the third field behind the scenes..

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@erich22: They can be. Just click "View Saved Form Details":

But why are you trying to edit them? Saving the login using the browser extension is much easier. Otherwise you'd have to dig through the web page source to find the field names yourself.

• erich22
    erich22
    Community Member

Yup, that worked! Not sure how I missed that... sorry. This thread can be marked closed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! It's intentionally a bit hidden there, so I apologize for that. We just don't want people breaking their logins — or potentially deleting something important — for no reason. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.