Searching for entries by title only

SeanE
SeanE
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Unlike the previous release of 1-Password I was using, now a full-text search is performed when I enter words into the search box. If the word I am searching for is e.g. "outlook", it will not only list my login infos for the outlook website, but also the infos for every site on which I used my outlook e-mail address to sign up.

This makes searching much less precise than it was before is there a way to limit searching to the title as it was previously?

Otherwise the new version is looking very nice (much prettier than 1-Password 4) and feels quite similar to the mac version - I really like it :-)

Best regards,
Sean

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10 - 1803
Sync Type: local folder

Comments

• Hi @SeanE,

Thanks for writing in.

For now, you can use the search filter, title: to narrow your items like title:outlook in your example. You can also use file: and tag: as well.

While we're defaulting to all fields for the search, we do plan to implement an advanced search options UI in the future. Once that happens, we will default to titles first with an option to expand to all fields like you'd see in macOS version of 1Password.

• KWest
    KWest
    Community Member

Short story: Any ETA on this feature?

Long story: Typing in 'MS' used to bring up all my logins which I specifically titled to begin with 'MS' - now i'm seeing every title, username, and email that just has ms anywhere in it all in alphabetical order. It is horribly inefficient to use this way. I can withstand it for a little while, but if it is not going to be fixed soon I will have to switch to another password manager. So, please... ETA on this UI fix?

• As MikeT mentioned, @KWest, you can already filter searches using the title: limiter. We generally don't give ETAs on future features. We might plan to have them tomorrow, but then something might pop up requiring immediate attention or a last-minute bug will be discovered in beta pushing it back. We can make a decent guess at features that are already in beta, but for things we still need to build, it's a challenge to give anything approaching an accurate estimate. Building a full advanced search UI is not a small project, so it's that much harder to guess when it might be ready. It's something we do plan on introducing in a future update, but I can't be more specific than that without risking false promises.

This discussion has been closed.