Locking via shortcut [Known issue, will be fixed in a future update]

Options
SeanE
SeanE
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I can't seem to lock 1-Password using the Windows+Shift+L key-combination. I am using the current beta of 1-Password 7. The shortcut to trigger website-filling, however, works as expected. Have you experienced/ can you reproduce this issue?

Best regards,

Sean

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10 - 1803
Sync Type: local folder

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@SeanE: Hmm. It's not working here either. Perhaps we broke something. Sorry about that. Thanks for bringing this up!

ref: OPW7-2164

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SeanE,

This is a known issue for a while, we'll need to redo the whole keyboard shortcut processing system soon to fix this. One thing we found out is that Windows does not permit the use of Windows Key for any application shortcut, which is why it stopped working for us. We're going to change it in a future update once we're done rebuilding the shortcut processor.

• SeanE
    SeanE
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks for the feedback! Looking to forward to the fix at some point in the future.

One question: where do I register for/ join the beta program as mentioned in the article https://blog.agilebits.com/2018/03/20/introducing-1password-7-beta-for-windows/? Is downloading and posting in the forums here enough or is a sign-up page I need to visit?

Best regards,
    Sean

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SeanE,

Just downloading any 1Password 7 build is enough and if you wish to get keep getting the beta updates after the first 1Password 7.0 stable release, go to the 1Password Menu > Settings > Updates to switch to our beta channel.

If you are asking because of the beta discount, this will be in the next few updates when we start supporting licenses and selling it with the beta discounts.

This discussion has been closed.