Extension Version: X 1.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Thanks for the report, @aheckler. I'm getting the full width interface but the behavior is still wrong:

This reminds me slightly of this bug we recently reported to the Chromium team. I'm not sure the behavior that is happening for you is the same as I am seeing, but either way, it seems there could be some improvements to how the popup is presented when the browser action is clicked from the overflow menu.

Edit: I searched Bugzilla before filing a new bug and found that there are a couple known issues with the overflow menu: Bug #1373490 sounds like what you're reporting and Bug #1383294 sounds similar to what I am seeing.

That being said, the overflow menu presents some other problems as well. For instance, even though Firefox allows us to programmatically show the popup, doing so doesn't work when the icon is in the overflow. This actually makes sense, but it also makes some things like our contextual menu and inline prompt to unlock somewhat nonsensical. I'm not sure where Mozilla stands on these nuances, but it seems clear to me that something like 1Password (rather than say Greasemonkey or and HTTPS Everywhere or another utility without as much user interface) is going to be more usable if it is not in the overflow menu.

Thanks again for the report. We'll see how we can improve here, but I'm thinking that our options are limited when it comes to the overflow menu.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

• aheckler
    aheckler
    Community Member

@jxpx777 Thanks for looking into it! :) I'll just leave the icon in the toolbar for now then.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure! It can be challenging to know when something is a bug in the environment vs a bug in 1Password. I'm nearing 10 years here and I still get it wrong a lot! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.