E-mail not saved / filled on ricardo

Options

Hello,

1Password does not work correctly on https://www.ricardo.ch

• It doesn't automatically save new login information
  • Manually saving the login doesn't save the e-mail address (or username), just the password is saved
  • The e-mail address of a manually created (or updated) login is not used in the login form

Regards,
Sandro

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Wi-fi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sandroroth: I'm not seeing a login form on that page, but I did find this one:

https://www.ricardo.ch/de/login?return_url=http://www.ricardo.ch/

I was able to successfully save and fill a login there using 1Password. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

Let me know if that helps! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. You're right, it works this way.
    For any reason, the new entry in 1PW doesn't show an e-mail address (except in the web form details).
    Adding the e-mail address manually breaks it again :-(

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sandroroth,

So the issue isn't that 1Password didn't save the email address, but it weirdly didn't recognise it as the username for this page. When you manually added the email address it altered 1Password's understanding of the page and this can break filling. Thankfully we don't need to manually add the email address, all we need to do is correct 1Password so that it knows which field on the page represents the username.

1. Edit the working Login item and click the show webform details.
    2. You'll notice the password field has an icon, the silhouette of a key. This is what tells 1Password this is your password.
    3. Click in the respective area of the field that displays your email address - select the icon that is a silhouette of a person.
    4. Save.

1Password will now display your email address as the username and the item will still correctly fill because we've not added or deleted anything from the web form details, only updated 1Password's understanding of the field with the email address.

If you find this doesn't work as expected please let me know.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables

Yeah, I didn't know that feature. It works great.
    Thank you very much for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ideally 1Password's record would mean you didn't need to worry about whether a field was flagged correctly but it's handy to have in case you do :smile:

This discussion has been closed.